Servant Leadership / Isaiah 32:1-2
In 1960, about 75% of Americans trusted gov’t – 25% today. Woeful erosion of trust…
- 78 members of Congress have been accused of illegal Stock Market trading.
- 2020s – 58 state & local politicians have been convicted of fraud…
Don’t now what a poll in Judah would look like, but after fickle kings & princes – Israel is told
that a king & princes will rule justly. Finally, leaders you can trust! No more funny business.
- Rulers r2b servants. Prime Minister = 1st Servant! Passage speaks of righteous reign/just rule.
One who judges righteously pays attention to God – goes to very top
One who judges justly pays attention to man – gets to bottom of a situation
- They have time 2b bothered by things that bother you. Position not for them, but for people.
- When position held for personal gain – no justice or righteousness. Not care about God/man.
Christ is the king reigning righteously Christ possesses attributes of righteous king
Christ is a hiding place from the wind – a place where its force is not felt.
- In KS & NB – signs in motels w arrow: Shelter – tornados. Not just mess up your hair!
- A hiding place keeps you from being blown away/blinded/becoming lost/battered
- woman caught n adultery / Jesus didn’t shelter her from accusation – but condemnation
Christ is a shelter from the storm
- Hush – be still – to those things that blow in suddenly & would swamp/sink you
- Trials w children/finances/health – in eye of storm. Calms storm in me!
Christ is streams of water in a dry country
- Rock that followed in a desert/place of drought / Thirsty – come to Me & drink
Christ is the shade of a huge rock in a parched land
- He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1
- As I see this long rebellion against God in our nation, I abide in Christ/under His wings
Christ is a hiding place from wind/shelter from storm/streams in desert/shade in parched land…
You are the princes and princesses ruling justly
1st word v2 – each – princes/princesses are like King.
- UR2BA hiding place from wind/shelter from storm/streams in desert/shade in parched land…
- Windbreaker, not wind maker/shelter, not a storm/streams, not drought/shade, not heat
- You minister out of what Christ has touched in you. Christ is your Hiding Place from wind/ Shelter in the storm/Water in a desert place/Shadow in a parched land.
- God comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 2Cor1:4
- What He has touched in you equips you to serve others. It’s not what you’ve gone through, but what has gone through you. Trials don’t automatically translate n2 wisdom.
- Great picture of spiritual l’ship/ministry whether offered by a pastor/elder/home group leader/friend/ parent. Protection from wind/storm/drought/sun –this is community of Christ. Like King, like princes & princesses.
- WIND: Other pastors shielded me from winds of accusation from a certain pastor
- STORM: You were shelter for our family in storm of 2001 w 2nd son
- Drought: When/where others don’t see Christ working – you can point it out. “I see Christ NU.”
- BURNING HEAT: friendship/fellowship. You don’t know who is walking thru front doors…
- Ask: how can I serve this brother/sister? How can I bring refuge/shelter/water/shade?
Christ came to be a hiding place from wind/shelter from storm/streams in desert/shade in parched land…a Savior for Sinners
- I want to surrender to King/be surrounded by princes & princesses
- What Christ was in the gospels, He will be to you!