Each Calvary Chapel is formed as a fellowship of believers in the Lordship of Jesus Christ with the supreme desire to know Christ and to be conformed to His image by the power of the Holy Spirit. We believe that the only true basis of Christian unity and fellowship is the love of God – which is greater than any differences we possess.
Here is where Calvary Chapel Fremont is located on the theological spectrum.
WE HOLD TO:
– the inerrancy of Scripture and understand it to be the Word of God;
– the classic understanding that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit;
– the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His death in our place and that through His shed blood we receive the forgiveness of sins, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory;
– the fact that sinful man’s only hope of redemption is through the blood of Jesus Christ that was shed on the cross;
– the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling we are enabled to follow Jesus;
– the resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved, unto a resurrection of life or a resurrection of damnation;
– the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ;
– the present day continuation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit;
– simplicity in church government, rather than a complex bureaucracy;
– the any-moment rapture of the church before the time of tribulation laid out in Revelation;
– the verse by verse teaching of the Word of God in such a way that it leads toward spiritual maturity.